The health and safety of our guests, visitors and colleagues has always been of the utmost importance to us here at Midland Karting. As a result, we have published the following policy outlining how we will allow guests on-site whilst continuing to follow the Government’s advice and guidance on managing the virus.
We're Good To Go!
We’re delighted to be awarded the VisitEngland ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry charter mark.
This means that Midland Karting meets the Government and public health guidance on Covid-19, and that we have all of the required health and safety processes in place to safely re-open once lockdown restrictions allow.
Effective from Monday 19th July 2021
Our colleagues will continue to wear face coverings.
Please keep wearing a face covering when indoors, if you can. Although no longer a legal requirement, the Government expect and recommend people wear coverings when in crowded or enclosed spaces.
We will continue to operate with intense cleaning of surfaces, race suits and helmets.
We will continue to have hand sanitising stations and request guests use them regularly during their time with us.
All drivers wearing a Midland Karting helmet must wear a balaclava. These can be purchased during booking or at the circuit.
We will continue recording guest details, and provide them to NHS Track and Trace if requested.
Finally, we’ll continue to follow the Government guidelines and may update this information and/or our policies at short notice as-and-when required. Please continue to monitor this page and/or our social media pages for updates.
Before you arrive
When you arrive
During your visit
Changes to Venue Procedures
To ensure compliance with social distancing and other Government-issued guidelines, we will be implementing the following procedures:
- Car parking will be segregated (please see information below)
- No more than SIX persons per party; this includes drivers and spectators. A party may, for example, consist of four drivers and two spectators. As per Government guidelines, guests may come from more than one household.
- We will be cashless until further notice. Please pay be debit or credit card in advance (by telephone or online); where this isn’t possible, we will accept card payments at the venue.
- Upon arrival, ONE person from the party must enter the Reception area to report your party’s arrival and to complete any outstanding payments or paperwork.
- Pre-event briefings will take place outside where possible. Where the weather does not permit this, the group may be taken into a room where distancing is possible and shown the standard briefing video.
- No more than FOUR drivers will be permitted into the suit room at any one time. Where weather permits, we request drivers take suits and equipment outside to put them on.
- All drivers MUST wear a balaclava when wearing Midland Karting helmets. Drivers not owning a balaclava can purchase one at the circuit. Please enquire about this during booking.
- Drivers MUST wear appropriate gloves for racing. We will have gloves available for purchase should drivers not wish to wear those supplied by Midland Karting.
For your own safety and that of our colleagues, please:
- DO listen to and follow the instructions being given to you by a member of the team.
- DO obey social distancing guidelines at all times.
- DO follow the guidance provided in the venue signage and posters.
- DO NOT remove signage, barriers or other materials intended to set or aid with distancing.
- DO NOT visit us if you are feeling unwell, should be isolating (per Government advice), have tested positive or been in contact with someone who has Coronavirus in the last fourteen days.
- DO NOT visit us unless you have a session or event booked, to help us manage the guests on site.
The management team reserve the right to refuse entry to or eject from the venue any persons not complying with the above, or who place the safety of colleagues or other guests in danger.
For events taking place on the Family Circuit, please park at the rear of the venue (by driving behind the buildings).
Enter the circuit area via the sign-posted Family Circuit Entrance.
For events taking place on the International Circuit, please park in the front car park (do not pass the buildings).
Enter the circuit area through the archway, immediately next to the Race Control tower.
We’re sure you understand that this is a dynamic situation and circumstances may change at any given time. As a result, we may have to amend aspects of this policy at short notice, based on the Government’s issued guidlines and criteria.
Where possible, we will provide as much notice as possible of any amendments – but this may not always be feasible. If changes are made resulting in events being cancelled, we will endeavour to rearrange as per our booking terms and conditions.
As always, the first and most reliable source for the latest information on Coronavirus “CoVID-19” is the Government, Public Health England and NHS. For information on symptoms, managing the illness, social distancing and anything else associated with the virus, please visit following websites.
If you feel unwell whilst at the circuit, please speak to a colleague immediately whilst keeping a minimum 2-metre distance at all times.