LATEST UPDATE: Monday 23 March 2020 @ 08:00
The latest Government advice has called on outdoor activities to be reduced as well as indoor, with group activities and gatherings being strongly discouraged.
We respect the importance of the health and wellbeing of all of our guests and team members and, in light of this, have made the decision to temporarily suspend all of our karting activities and services.
As a result, we will be closed until further notice.
Events and bookings will not take place until we re-open. We do not know at this time when that will be, but we will continue to monitor the situation and update our social media platforms and website with information once the situation becomes clearer.
We have closed our on-site office and so will not be able to take telephone calls. To get in touch with us, please email us – [email protected] – or contact us through our Facebook page.
We wish all of you well, stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as (safely) possible.
Thank you for your support at this time.
With effect from 00:01 on Saturday 21st March 2020:
As of the latest update (20th March, 2020), it continues to be stated that indoor gatherings and events should be avoided, but outdoor activities (small groups) and exercise is positive for physical and mental wellbeing. Until this advice changes or we are informed otherwise, we will continue to operate to allow individuals and small groups to practice and/or race against each other.
In addition to our previous communicated precautions, the café facilities will be closed (per Government instructions) and our safety briefings/sign-in will be undertaken outdoors.
At Midland Karting, we put the safety and health of our visitors and drivers at the forefront of everything that we do.
The novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) is causing concern worldwide and has been declared a pandemic. Governments and the World Health Organisation (WHO) are issuing regular updates and guidance around prevention and treatment.
We are monitoring the situation closely and listening to official advice from the NHS, Public Health England and HM Government.
The current advice and guidance suggests that maintaining a minimum of two metres distance between individuals, covering the mouth and nose whilst sneezing and coughing with a tissue (which is then disposed of) and regular handwashing with soap and water (or alcohol gel if no soap is available) are the best means of protecting yourself from infection. It has also been reported that individuals are less likely to become infected when outdoors as opposed to indoors.
Therefore, until such time that we are told otherwise, all of our private and public events will continue to run as normal and as planned.
What we’re doing
We are taking additional steps to protect our guests and racers during their visit to our venue. These include:
- ensuring all staff are aware of their responsibilities with regards to personal hygiene and reporting sickness;
- insisting on drivers wearing a cotton balaclava when using Midland Karting helmets. Balaclavas can be purchased at the circuit if drivers don’t already have their own;
- spraying and washing all Midland Karting helmets with anti-bacterial spray between uses;
- only allowing our gloves to be used by one driver, before being washed;
- providing additional handwashing facilities;
- keeping pre-race briefing groups as small as possible, with groups split between two briefing rooms if appropriate;
- closing the café facilities (as of 21st March 2020);
- holding safety briefings outside, where possible, in small group sizes (as of 21st March 2020).
What we’re asking of you
Transparency and respect is fundamental in helping to protect each other during this pandemic.
The steps we have outlined above are the measures we have implemented to help protect you, our guests, whilst at our venue.
We are asking all of our guests to:
- not visit us if you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus;
- ensure hands are washed upon arrival at the venue and at regular intervals throughout your time with us;
- cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing using a tissue. This should then immediately be placed into a bin. If you don’t have a tissue available, please cover your mouth and nose with your inner elbow and not with your hands;
- listen to our staff’s instructions and comply with them fully;
- only wear a Midland Karting helmet when wearing a cotton balaclava;
- keep a minimum of two metres distance between yourself and our staff and other members of your party where possible.
We also ask that you do not visit us if you are currently following the Government’s guidelines on self-isolation.
If you begin to feel unwell whilst at the venue, please speak with a member of staff – maintaining a distance of at least two metres wherever possible.
Additional Information and Guidance
Please note, we recommend that you only seek advice and guidance from the links above and not from social media.
Cancelling and Rescheduling Bookings
In the event that you need to cancel your party or booking due to coronavirus, please contact us in the first instance and earliest opportunity by telephone on 01543 418419.
In the event that we are required to cancel bookings, we will contact booking organisers via the communication methods provided to us at the time of booking. It is imperative that we hold accurate information for you for this to be successful.
We will also publish cancellations of events arranged by ourselves (e.g. Sunday Saver, Open Races etc) on our social media channels and website.
Last updated: 19:00 on 20th March 2020